The focus of our team in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit is your comfort and safety. Our staff will aggressively treat and manage your pain and ensure your privacy. Our knowledgable, caring and efficient recovery team will keep you informed and make every effort to accommodate your needs. Once you are in stable condition, you will be discharged
After your surgical procedure, it is common to feel shaky, cold, lightheaded and nauseated.
- Your pain will be assessed and managed upon arrival to the recovery area.
- Your family or escort will receive written and verbal post-surgical instructions at your bedside.
- After you are in stable condition, you will be discharged. Most patients will be discharged within one hour after surgery.
- You can experience sleepiness and dizziness for up to 24 hours after your surgery.
- A nurse will contact you the day following your surgery to check on your recovery, If your surgery is on a Friday, the nurse will contact you the following Monday
- You should not use public transportation, operate a vehicle or use heavy machinery for 24 hours after your surgery.
- Do not sign legal documents or make personal decisions for 24 hours after your surgery.
- A responsible adult must stay with you for 24 hours after your surgery for your protection and safety.
- Your activity will vary based on your procedure and will be communicated to your family or escort during the discharge instructions.
- If you experience anything unusual after your surgery, please call your surgeon, go the nearest Emergency Room or call 911.